Safe Income Withdrawal Rates During Retirement
When you started saving for retirement, you were told you could save up a big pile of money, use the earnings for retirement income, and leave the same exact pile of money to your beneficiaries. This probably won’t happen, because the world and the financial markets have changed, along with Safe Income Withdrawal rates.
In the 1980’s the Safe Income Withdrawal Rate was 6 percent, meaning you could take 6 percent out of your assets every year for income, and you had a 95 percent probability you wouldn’t run out of money. In the 1990s the Safe Income, Withdrawal Rate dropped to 5 percent, and starting in 2000, it dropped to 4 percent. In the 2010s the Safe Income Withdrawal Rate dropped to 3 percent.
And now, there is a rumor the Safe Income Withdrawal Rate will drop to 2.5 percent. Meaning that if you have one million dollars saved, you could only take out 25,000 dollars of income safely. If you’ve been a good saver and have accumulated a significant amount of retirement assets, the Safe Income Withdrawal Rate has dropped over 50 percent from the time you started saving.
If you want to learn how to maximize the income from your assets – and guarantee it for life- contact us today.
DISCLOSURE – All presentation data is provided and intended to be used for general educational purposes only and is not intended as a solicitation for you to buy or sell any financial product. None of the material in this presentation is intended to give you, nor are the presenters engaged in giving you, specific tax, investment, real estate, legal, estate, retirement, or financial advice, but rather to serve as an educational platform to deliver information; nor is it intended to show you how the strategies presented can specifically apply to your own tax, investment, estate, financial, or retirement position, but rather to offer an idea of how these principles generally may apply. Stocks, bonds, or mutual funds have risks and can lose principal, even with a stop loss, and there is no guarantees of gains, as past performance is not indicative of future positive investment results. The sale or liquidation of any stock, bond, IRA, certificate of deposit, mutual fund, annuity, or other asset to fund a new portfolio and/or annuity may have tax consequences, early withdrawal penalties, or other costs and penalties as a result of the sale or liquidation. You can’t invest directly into a stock market index. A fixed index annuity with an income rider can protect your savings from losses and provide you guaranteed lifetime income, but you could incur surrender charges, gains aren’t guaranteed, you’ll pay a fee, and guarantees are backed by the financial strength claims paying ability of the issuing annuity company. Illustrations/projections displayed within this presentation are hypothetical in nature and should not serve as the sole determining factor in making financial decisions. Consult with a qualified investment, tax, legal, and/or retirement advisor before making any decisions. By contacting Peak Financial Freedom Group, you may be offered additional information regarding the purchase of financial products. Seminars, radio shows, TV productions, book releases, magazine and book promotions are sponsored, promoted and paid for by Peak Financial Freedom Group, LLC. If you place assets under management with our firm, we are paid an advisory fee, and if you purchase an annuity from our firm, we are paid commissions from an insurance company.
Investment Advisor Representatives of and Advisory Services offered through Fiduciary Solutions, LLC, a Registered Investment Advisor. Peak Financial Freedom Group LLC is primarily a fixed insurance sales organization and provides no Advisory Services. PFFG Insurance Agency LLC, CA License #0N14103, is a licensed insurance agency and provides no Advisory Services. Peak Financial Freedom Group LLC, PFFG Insurance Agency LLC, and Fiduciary Solutions LLC are separate affiliated entities. Insurance products and services provided by PFFG Insurance Agency LLC and independent agents. Jim Files CA Insurance License #0F06511 Dan Ahmad CA Insurance License #0732913
Peak Financial Freedom Group ∙ (916) 791-7063 ∙ www.peakfin.com 2520 Douglas Boulevard, Suite 110, Roseville, CA 95661